The Understated Mad Hatter

Thursday, July 22, 2010
When I was asked to style the lone boy in Laura Winslow's Alice in Wonderland inspired photo shoot, I was all over it! I wanted him to fit right in with all of the girls but not be overly costumey.

 

I spent a couple of weeks researching different ideas and finally came up with this little ensemble featured above. I made the hat from a great tutorial that you can find here - it was a little intimidating at first but it really came together. I made the bow tie following instructions from Ruffles and Stuff's tutorial here. The bow tie was super easy to make and turned out really cute. I'm just sorry it took me so long to discover Ruffles and Stuff as Disney is no longer blogging. And the mustache tee is a tee that I have listed in my shop. If you'd like to try and make your own mustache tee, check out my tutorial here


Isn't this little model the best? He was such a trooper and totally rocked it! If you haven't already, you have to pop over to Laura's blog and see the whole shoot. The pictures are absolutely incredible!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You did an AMAZING job Grace! Leo loved every minute of it~ THANK YOU!!!!!! ♥

Noelle Johnson said...

Oh Grace,

I am so impressed! The hat is amazing!!! Of course, your moustaches are very popular in our family :-)

Robin Norgren, M.A, R-YT, Spiritual Director said...

I did not realize all of the details behind the stylings of Mr. Leo-I beleive you are onto something dear Grace!

sara said...

Love love love! i still want to make the mustache shirt for my nephews...you know in all my free time. Love the new pic of you in the sidebar too!

Grace said...

Thanks, girls! It was a fun outfit to put together and I can't say it enough - Leo was awesome!!

If you haven't already, you absolutely must check out the rest of Laura's photos from the shoot: http://www.laurawinslowphotography.com/blog

Fakey said...

I tried to leave a comment last week, but it didn't work-

So often boys seem to get the short end when it comes to dress-up, but not here. This look is super, super cute and fun.

Laura said...

You are just so talented, Grace. That hat just blew me away!!! Thank you SO much!!! xoxo

Lorie said...

That is wonderful! Thank you for sharing it on Show and Tell Saturday!

Post a Comment