End of Year Recap {2010}

Wednesday, January 5, 2011
The last few months of 2010 were such a crazy whirl wind! I don't know about the rest of you, but things seemed to go by so fast that I never really got into the holiday spirit. Things just felt different this year and I never really caught up with things...anyway, here's the recap to the end of our year.

 

We got to spend Christmas with these amazing cuties who were hands down, the best gift for all of us this year. They pretty much slept through the whole thing but man oh man, were they the stars of the day.


We were delighted to give my mom her "papa" gift. My dad passed away a few years ago so each year my siblings and I get my mom a gift on behalf of my dad. This year, we got my mom two apricot trees and planted them for her. My mom LOVES her some apricots and she was so excited about her new trees. So was Finley (please ignore his weird hair - I have no idea what that was about).


Finley and Oliver were in heaven with their cousins around for Christmas. They are so blessed to have such a big family full of cousins who love them to pieces. It is so sweet to watch them all interact. 


We celebrated Finley's 4th birthday a few days after Christmas. I'm not one of those moms who has it all together to throw a picture perfect party complete with a sweets table and coordinated photos. However, I know that my little guy loves Mini Coopers and he went absolutely crazy over his amazing cake by Melissa at Decadent Delights. He didn't even want to eat the cake - he preferred to eat the fondant Mini on the top (makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it!).


And...we went to the circus for New Year's Eve! We had so much fun but I have to tell you...I froze my arse off. Remember that I live in the desert and we have had some icy, icy weather that doesn't bode well with my thin blood.


Fortunately the show was truly amazing and boys were in heaven.


After the circus, my husband went all pyro on us. Our town recently legalized fireworks for NYE so we had our own little light show at home. So. ridiculously. fun. After our light show, we tucked the kids in bed, popped a bottle of champagne and did a puzzle. A puzzle!! And to top it off, we had "Fellowship of the Rings" on in the background. If you had told me five years ago that I would be spending future holidays with puzzles and LOTR, I would have never believed you. But now, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was perfect.

Happy New Year to you, friends! Wishing you peace, love and joy this new year!

4 comments:

coolkids said...

love the mini cooper cake! Happy New year! thecoolkidsblog.com

Anonymous said...

Your NYE sounded absolutely perfect Grace! Sounds exactly up our alley over here :)

Those little twin boys are adorable!! I must have missed it somewhere along my crazy life that you guys recently had twins in your family...I am so sorry I didn't know...but yay and congrats! They are so much fun and it is exciting to watch them grow up with each other. Isaak & Mateo are two peas in a pod, they follow each other everywhere around the house :)

Anonymous said...

You guys are so awesome! Sounds like a perfect NYE to me! :)

elise said...

Happy Birthday to Finley!

what a great New Year's celebration- love me some LOTR :O)

Post a Comment